Step 1 - Complete the Online Application
- Registered Information - personal application information
- Application Questionnaire - recruitment source information
Step 2 - Take the Multiple Choice test
Multiple Choice Test The Multiple Choice (MC) Test is an 80-item test that evaluates your ability to read and write. There are four sections on the test: Clarity, Spelling, Reading Comprehension, and Vocabulary. If you pass the MC, your score does not expire. If you fail, you may retake the MC after three months.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE TEST ONLINE
Before you can be scheduled for the on-line test, you must complete both of the following steps. After you have completed these two steps, you will receive a unique test code for the online Multiple-Choice Test within one week.
- Complete a Police Officer application on https://mypd.
joinlapd.com/, if you have not done so already.
- Create a profile and submit an application on the Personnel Website by clicking the “Apply” icon at the following link: https://www.
governmentjobs.com/careers/. Please note that this is a second application that must completed to enable on-line testing. The remaining test parts in the Police Officer selection process will be scheduled and/or administered on the mypd.joinlpad.com website. lacity/jobs/2787064/police- officer-2214?keywords=police% 20officer&pagetype= jobOpportunitiesJobs
NOTE: You MUST present a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card when appearing for an in-person test. Any candidate who does not have a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card WILL NOT be allowed to take the test.
- high school english books
- reading and writing sections of test preparation books
- community college courses in reading and writing
If you need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 213-238-5273.