Step 1 - Complete the Online Application
- Registered Information - personal application information
- Application Questionnaire - recruitment source information
Step 2 - Take the Multiple Choice test On-line or In-Person
Multiple Choice Test The Multiple Choice (MC) Test is an 80-item test that evaluates your ability to read and write. There are four sections on the test: Clarity, Spelling, Reading Comprehension, and Vocabulary. If you pass the MC, your score does not expire. If you fail, you may retake the MC after three months.
You can now waive the Multiple-Choice test if you satisfy any of the following conditions:
- Are currently employed as an Associate Community Officer with LAPD; or
- Have successfully completed the California POST Regular Basic Course within the last three years; or
- Possess a current Basic Course waiver; or
- Have taken the California POST Pellet-B test and earned an overall t-score of 42 or higher.
Candidates who feel that they qualify for a waiver can reach out to Jackie Bento at email@example.com.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE TEST ONLINE
Before you can be scheduled for the on-line test, you must complete both of the following steps. After you have completed these two steps, you will receive a unique test code for the online Multiple-Choice Test within one week.
- Complete a Police Officer application on https://mypd.
joinlapd.com/, if you have not done so already.
- Create a profile and submit an application on the Personnel Website by clicking the “Apply” icon at the following link: https://www.
governmentjobs.com/careers/. Please note that this is a second application that must completed to enable on-line testing. The remaining test parts in the Police Officer selection process will be scheduled and/or administered on the mypd.joinlpad.com website. lacity/jobs/2787064/police- officer-2214?keywords=police% 20officer&pagetype= jobOpportunitiesJobs
NOTE: You MUST present a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card when appearing for an in-person test. Any candidate who does not have a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card WILL NOT be allowed to take the test.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE IN-PERSON TEST
In-Person testing, candidates can view In-Person testing locations and dates here: https://mypd.joinlapd.
- high school english books
- reading and writing sections of test preparation books
- community college courses in reading and writing
Effective 11/8, Police Officer Candidates attending indoor in-person tests will need to provide proof of Vaccination.
Types of Acceptable Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (White Card) - front and back
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Digital Vaccination Record
People who were vaccinated in California can get a free digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
If you need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 213-238-5273.