The Multiple Choice Test consists of four sections: Spelling, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, and Clarity. Multiple Choice test scores do not expire, so you will only have to pass the test once! For more information on how to register for the multiple-choice test, visit the following link: https://mypd.joinlapd.com/PQE/
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE TEST ONLINE & In-Person
Before you can be scheduled for the on-line test, you must complete both of the following steps. After you have completed these two steps, you will receive a unique test code for the online Multiple-Choice Test within one week.
- Complete a Police Officer application on https://mypd.
joinlapd.com/, if you have not done so already.
- Create a profile and submit an application on the Personnel Website by clicking the “Apply” icon at the following link: https://www.
governmentjobs.com/careers/. Please note that this is a second application that must completed to enable on-line testing. The remaining test parts in the Police Officer selection process will be scheduled and/or administered on the mypd.joinlpad.com website. lacity/jobs/2787064/police- officer-2214?keywords=police% 20officer&pagetype= jobOpportunitiesJobs
NOTE: You MUST present a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card at the beginning of the test session Any candidate who does not have a valid State or Federal issued photo identification card WILL NOT be allowed to take the test.
In-Person testing, candidates can view In-Person testing locations and dates here: https://mypd.joinlapd.
You can now waive the Multiple-Choice test if you satisfy any of the following conditions:
- Are currently employed as an Associate Community Officer with LAPD; or
- Have successfully completed the California POST Regular Basic Course within the last three years; or
- Possess a current Basic Course waiver; or
- Have taken the California POST Pellet-B test and earned an overall t-score of 42 or higher.
Candidates who feel that they qualify for a waiver can reach out to Jackie Bento at email@example.com.
- High School English books
- Reading and writing sections of test preparation books
- Community college courses in reading and writing
Effective 11/8/21, Police Officer Candidates attending indoor in-person tests will need to provide proof of Vaccination.
Types of Acceptable Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (White Card) - front and back
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Digital Vaccination Record
People who were vaccinated in California can get a free digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
Vaccination Mandate within City facilities. Patrons entering a City facility must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours.
If you need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 213-238-5273.